Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Brunch AND Lunch @ Hardware Societe

SUNDAY BRUNCH
N and I had brunch at the Hardware Societe on Sunday. I love the quaint French-themed ambience. It's a lovely place to go to for a brunch date or with a couple of friends. We reached around noon, gave our name and was told by the friendly waitress that the wait would be roughly 1/2hour. Expect to wait on the weekends as it's a pretty popular brunch spot. The weekdays are less busy but they will still have a full house.

Upon being seated (we were offered their outdoor setting), we ordered our coffee. N had a flat white and I a mocha. The next thing was to decide what to eat as most dishes on their menu sounded delicious! I settled for the Croque Madame and N had the scrambled eggs with chorizo.



Their mocha is really good for chocolate lovers who want a shot of coffee in their hot chocolate. After pouring the rich hot chocolate into the cup to mix with the espresso shot, there will be another 3/4 cup of hot chocolate left over for you to enjoy after your caffeine fix :D


 This was N's scrambled eggs with chorizo. It came with a simple sandwich that had some greens and roasted capsicum in it to balance the eggs out. The eggs were rich and creamy and the chorizo had a spicy tang to it so I would not recommend it to those who are sensitive to spicy food.


My very filling Croque Madame, which was a ham hock sandwich with Gruyere cheese topped with a fried egg accompanied with a side of potato and leek salad. It was delectable! The bread itself made me want to have more, so good! The bread balanced out the saltiness of the ham hock and cheese.

It'll be tough for me for when we go back for brunch again to decide between trying something new or going back to either one of the above.


THURSDAY LUNCH
Few days later, N wanted to try out the lunch offered at Hardware Societe so we came back sooner than expected. This time, we did not need to queue. We arrived at 2pm and were promptly seated, indoors this time. A slight change in ambience was nice. Once again I had the mocha (best thing ever for a chocolate lover who wants some caffeine in the system) and N had the flat white. The lunch menu sounded just as good as the brunch had.





 N ended up with their Wagyu Beef Cap with romesco sauce (made of almonds), roast onion, heirloom carrots and finished with a dark sherry glaze. The beef was done medium rare and was yummy. The glaze really did a good job on the beef and made me ask for another slice because it gave off an aromatic fragrance as you chew it. The sauce was too nutty for my liking since I'm more of a pumpkin or potato mash with beef kinda girl.


I had the Duck Confit with goat's chevre & shallot tart, beetroot remoulade and orange jus. My only complaint would be the duck being a tad too dry. The beetroot remoulade was paired well with the duck but the tart was even better. The cheesy tart tasted heavenly when eaten with the duck *drools




The Hardware Societe is located @
118-120 Hardware St 
Melbourne, VIC 3000

Opening hours: 7.30-3pm
Price range: $15-25

May you find as much joy in food as I do,
foodbabydreams

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds Delicious,I love your blog. follow me on intagram chrisminter687.

Anonymous said...

I followed your instagram two days ago, now I cant get back on, did you block me? Chrisminter687.

Post a Comment